Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Home again

Nicole and I are home!!  But I am not sure if we should lock the door or not; I will get to that later in the blog. 

As you remember, Nicole needed to stay in the hospital Thursday night (10-2-14) for a new anti-virus drug they are giving her.  She came home the next day (Friday).  Nicole was happy and playing with her sisters.  She woke on the Saturday the 4th just needing to be cuddled.  As the day went on she started to feel warmer.  When I took her temperature it was high enough that I needed to call primaries so they knew I was coming.  When we got to primaries they drew labs.  On Sunday her labs showed staph infection in one of her central lines.  They changed her antibiotic to help treat the infections.

On Monday the labs looked clear.  They said we might could go home late Monday night, but because of the challenges of getting her medication delivered on time, they suggested we stay the night and we could go home on Tuesday.  They finished up her IV meds Tuesday morning and got us ready to go home.  We left the hospital mid-afternoon, but the minute we arrived home and I walked through the door, the clinic called and said that Nicole's labs from the morning grew staph infection again and they wanted me to come back to the hospital. (This is where I mean I don't know if I should lock the door or not)  I took out our dirty clothes and packed some clean clothes.  I was about to put Nicole in the car when clinic called again and said they felt we could handle things from Hyrum.  They will send out a nurse in the morning to draw labs again and hopefully those labs will come back negative.  Hopefully the lab results will be clear and we can stay home.  If the infection doesn't clear soon, they will have to remove the central line, and then place a PICC line, due to the constant blood samples they draw, transfusions and IV medication she is on.  Nicole has another clinic visit this Thursday (10-9-14).

Even with all the challenges of the past few days, President Hinckley's words kept coming back to me. "Like the polar star in the heavens, regardless of what the future holds, there stands the Redeemer of the world, the Son of God, certain and sure as the anchor of our immortal lives. He is the rock of our salvation, our strength, our comfort, the very focus of our faith." https://www.lds.org/ensign/2002/05/we-look-to-christ?lang=eng  I have been feeling like I am tossing to and fro in the ocean this past week.  I have been reminded, through the Spirit, that the essential things are being taken care of - prayer, scripture study, family home evening, and partaking of the sacrament. I need to not let the things of the world weigh be down because our Redeemer is my anchor!!


Nicole hanging out in her room

Each bag is a different IV medication we need to give Nicole.

 
Nicole is loving playing with the channel changer!
 
Nicole loves music therapy!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment