Sunday, October 5, 2014

Fever

Nicole was home for 24 hours.  However, she missed ICS enough that she spiked a fever and went back to see her friends who she didn't get to see on Thursday and Friday.  We don't know what is going on for sure.  They drew some labs, took a chest x-ray and we are waiting for the results.  They have started her on an antibiotic to start fighting if she has an infection. But, this all could be associated with the HHv-6 virus she has and her body fighting.  We won't know for sure until we get the lab results back.

Her platelets are down to 11 and that means another transfusion today.  It's been three days since her last transfusion and lately her platelets have been between 5-7 after that long.  So 11 feels optimistic that we are figuring things out and the new medication is doing its job.

Elder Maxwell said, “God, as a loving Father, will stretch our souls at times. The soul is like a violin string: it makes music only when it is stretched. (Eric Hoffer.) God will tutor us by trying us because He loves us, not because of indifference!” (Neal A. Maxwell, All These Things Shall Give Thee Experience).  I played the violin, my mom played the violin, and two of my children play the violin.  I love this quote because I know how beautiful the violin is when it is played in the hand of a master. When Nicole fever spiked I called to let the bone marrow team know and they told us to come to PCH.  My children knew what to do help us to get ready to go.  I know that my family is being stretched; but, they are learning to play beautiful music of life.

Nicole is miserable.
 

She just wants to snuggle and for me to put the camera away.


3 comments:

  1. So sorry to hear this news, Cathy and James. Our prayers are with you and your family. Brother and Sister Leonhardt

    ReplyDelete