Saturday, October 18, 2014

Heart Failure

I have been trying to write about today's events, but I haven't been able to get through all the details and emotions yet - still working on it.  But before this day ends, I need to write that chemotherapy has weakened Nicole's heart, and the recent challenges that she has been enduring have caused her to suffer heart failure.

This morning, she was critically ill.  The amazing staff at PCMC has managed to stabilize her somewhat, but if her heart continues as it is, Nicole will die from heart failure.  A stress test that was just completed that ranks a normal heart in the range of 0 to 10 ranks the stress on Nicole's heart at 5000.  The doctors don't have many options left to try, and the ones that are left I do not wish to contemplate, and may be fatal to even attempt.  Her heart is currently the biggest problem, but not the only one.

As in times past, Nicole's life is now in God's hands.  I do feel that He will spare her life again, but only through much affliction, some of which she has already endured today.  I do not know the meaning of all things, but I know that God loves His children.  I know that God loves Nicole.  I know that He will strengthen her and eventually, she will come home to us again.  In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

3 comments:

  1. We love you guys so much and we admire your strength and your testimony. We are praying for Nicole.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. And if your dad has any great council on how to help my son on a mission it would be appreciated.

      Delete