Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Sunshine.

{written by Kersten, Nicole's favorite sister}

Today, I went to visit Nicole.



I found myself alone with her. My mom had left her phone playing some songs by Hilary Weeks. I turned it off and began to sing to her. After a few songs, I began to sing "You Are My Sunshine." 

The emotions that overcame me as I sang that silly little song caught me off guard, and as I finished it I prayed aloud. "Oh Heavenly Father, please don't take my sunshine away! I'm not ready to lose her!"


I totally made this graphic. As I cried my eyes out!

As today has gone on, I have received a loving answer to that prayer.

My sister's rays of light will always shine, whether or not she remains with us in this life. And the Lord would never completely take her away from us. No matter where my sweet sister is, her sunshine will always touch my life. 



I love you Nicole, my beautiful Sunshine!

1 comment:

  1. Sweet little girl. Sweet family by her side. We are praying for you all!

    ReplyDelete