Tuesday, June 24, 2014

The Healing Power of the Atonement



I have watched and re-watched this video this morning.  I've read and re read the scripture in Alma 7:11 "And he shall go forth, suffering pains and afflictions and temptations of every kind; and this that the word might be fulfilled which saith he will take upon him the pains and the sicknesses of his people."

Nicole is in a lot of pain these past few days.  She doesn't understand why.  She wants to either sleep, cuddle in bed or just have me hold and rock her.  This is part of the process of her healing.  I know this mentally.  In some ways this second transplant been harder for me because it is so hard to watch her go through this again.  The words of the song "There is a Green Hill Far Away" been going through my mind, mostly the second verse, "We may not know, we cannot tell, What pains he had to bear."  As I watch Nicole going through this journey. I don't know how the pain is effecting her.  I don't know how to help her.  She is on a continuous pain pump that they have been increasing the dose for the past three days to hopefully alleviate the pain.  Our Savior didn't have a pain pump He felt each of our pain, so our burden may be lighter .  I don't know if I will ever fully understand the atonement.  But I think through my life I have had glimpses has I have tried to apply it in my life. However, the past few weeks I have felt/watched the suffering pain to some small degree.  I felt our Heavenly Father great love for us to allow his Son to suffer for us.  The atonement isn't just for the sinner.  It is for every part of our journey here in mortality.




There Is a Green Hill Far Away, no. 194
1. There is a green hill far away,
Without a city wall,
Where the dear Lord was crucified,
Who died to save us all.
2. We may not know, we cannot tell,
What pains he had to bear,
But we believe it was for us
He hung and suffered there
.
3. There was no other good enough
To pay the price of sin.
He only could unlock the gate
Of heav'n and let us in.
4. Oh, dearly, dearly has he loved!
And we must love him too,
And trust in his redeeming blood,
And try his works to do.


No comments:

Post a Comment