Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Little Hill to climb

We are home from Primaries.  We only stayed over night for observation.  They don't know why her heart rate is elevated.  They have some ideas but they are only speculative. 

The rhinovirus (common cold) and the strep viridans (her line infection) is just beating her up.  Nicole still has no Neutrophil to help fight the infection.  She will go back onto IV fluids at night to help keep her hydrated.  She will continue with neupogen shots once a day, IV antibiotics, plus the basic medication she needs. 

We are excited to have us all home to participate in the "Nicole color me orange fun run" this Saturday.  We are overwhelmed with the support and effort that has gone into this event.  I have no to express our emotions.  Hopefully, one day I will have them. 

I so appreciate people willingness to drop things in their own lives to come to our rescue.  Over the course of this small hill we needed to climb I have thought of the words of Lucy Mack Smith:  “We must cherish one another, watch over one another, comfort one another and gain instruction that we may all sit down in heaven together.”    _ Relief Society Minutes, Mar. 24, 1842, Archives of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, 18–19. 

This counsel is just as true today as in 1842.  How grateful I am for Relief Society organization.  I know people who think they know me might be surprised because I love being with the children in primary.  I know Relief Society is an inspired organization.  It isn't just for the sisters who sit in class on Sunday it is for each sister who is a member of the church no matter where they may be serving. 


Nicole waiting to go home

Nicole riding in the wagon to go home.


No comments:

Post a Comment