Friday, July 4, 2014

Mosaic pattern

Nicole been doing awesome!!!  She has been happy and playful again.  It is always a struggle for Nicole to start with her feeds and for her meds to go oral.  She does throw up often.  She is also having a lot of stool.  They are doing some stool testing to be sure she doesn't have an infection of some kind.  However, the doctors feel it is just her gut getting use to be used again.  Just like any muscle when it hasn't been used it needs to be re-trained.  Even with these small challenges we will probably be able to leave PCMC and go to my sisters for the remainder of her 100 or so days here in Salt Lake tomorrow (July 5).  They want her to be close because if she gets any kind of fever or GVHD then they want us to be able to get her here fast.  Nicole immune will be even more compromised then it was with her first transplant.  She doesn't have any T-Cells.  I really do not understand how all this works-I just need to trust the doctors  :)

I love this analogy by Neal A Maxwell:
"Let me give you this simple illustration of how we can know something and yet not be able to communicate it fully without the help of the Spirit. If I were to bring one of you into this hall and if, instead of all of you, it were filled with fifteen thousand mothers and if I were to say to you, “Somewhere in that audience is your mother; find her,” you could do it, and I suspect it wouldn't take you very many minutes. But if I said to you, “Wait outside. There are fifteen thousand mothers in there and one of them is your mother. Now, you describe her to me with sufficient precision and clarity so that I can go find her,” you couldn't do it. You would still know what she looked like, but tongue could not transmit what you knew." (http://speeches.byu.edu/?act=viewitem&id=1022)
This is how I feel when it comes to explaining my experience with Nicole.  When the doctors tell us what is going on I understand; but, to explain to others who haven't lived this world I can't explain it.  It is also hard to explain my emotions.  I have had many experiences here that I would never trade.  The lessons I have learned are priceless to me.  The other kids and parents I have met are some of the most amazing people I have ever met.  The hospital staff hold a special place in my heart. 

Neal Maxwell also taught:
"If God chooses to teach us the things we most need to learn because he loves us, and if he seeks to tame our souls and gentle us in the way we most need to be tamed and most need to be gentled, it follows that he will customize the challenges he gives us and individualize them so that we will be prepared for life in a better world by his refusal to take us out of this world, even though we are not of it. In the eternal ecology of things we must pray, therefore, not that things be taken from us, but that God's will be accomplished through us. What, therefore, may seem now to be mere unconnected pieces of tile will someday, when we look back, take form and pattern, and we will realize that God was making a mosaic. For there is in each of our lives this kind of divine design, this pattern, this purpose that is in the process of becoming, which is continually before the Lord but which for us, looking forward, is sometimes perplexing." (Neal A. Maxwell, but for a small moment (http://speeches.byu.edu/?act=viewitem&id=1022))
When our family looks back on this experience we will see how the "unconnected pieces of tile" connect and make a "mosaic" pattern.  The Lord is in the details of our lives!
 
 





No comments:

Post a Comment