Friday, March 14, 2014

Home

Nicole is able to come home for a few days.  We don't know exactly for how long just yet.  (probably one week) Nicole will go back to PCMC on Tuesday March 18 for a clinic visit and for another MRI.  Since the Doctors can't tell if she is in remission through blood draws and bone aspiration they will need to see if there is anything that still looks like a mass in the spot where her lump was.  It will be a guessing game to know if she is in remission. 

Nicole is weak and is slowly getting her strength back.  They were hoping that by getting her home in her own environment would help her with that.  Already her first night back she is wanting to walk around.  She is still wobbly tonight.  But her strength should soon return.

She also needs only seven medications at home.  It may seem like a lot to but after her bone marrow last time around, it feels like nothing.  It did feel like old times to have home health drop off boxes of medication and her feeding tube supplies.  Having the home nurse come was like visiting with an old friend. 

This week as I have been studying a little bit and some scriptures have come to mind; the first is in John 16:33: These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.  In this life we were meant to be tested.  Our Father in Heaven and His son Jesus Christ knew this.  And they will bring us peace.  Our Savior has "overcome" the world. 

The second scripture that keeps coming back to me is in 1 Nephi 7:17: But it came to pass that I prayed unto the Lord, saying: O Lord, according to my faith which is in thee, wilt thou deliver me from the hands of my brethren; yea, even give me strength that I may burst these bands with which I am bound.  Nephi didn't ask for his situation to change but he asked for strength in his situation.

As I have read and re-read these two scriptures and wondered how they blend together, I have felt a witness that the Lord has blessed us with peace.  He is aware of our family and the tribulation that we are facing and also He may not change our tribulation but He will give us the strength to face our tribulation.  With that strength comes the peace we need to face our tribulation with good cheer. 

How grateful I am for the blessing of the gospel.  So much experience and learning goes on during our mortal journey.  There are so many challenges we face here mortality.  This past month I have received witness after witness that we are not left alone.  No matter how bad things may seem to us the Lord will always give us strength to "burst these bands" if we only turn to Him.  He never abandons us!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment